Call for applications: PROGRAMMING RESEARCH FACILITATOR – NORTHEASTERN ONTARIO
Date Posted: March 16, 2021
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
Start Date: May 3rd, 2021
Region: Northeastern Ontario
Term: 30 hours/week (12-month project contract with potential of renewal)
N2M2L is continuing our work to create a framework for low-barrier media arts access. While our Digital Creator North spaces in partner communities have been closed since the onset of the pandemic, we will be developing a new approach online, continuing to aim for a meaningful connection with participants, while gaining new insights about online engagement during the pandemic and beyond.
This project is funded through the Canada Council for the Arts: Digital Strategy Fund. The funding will allow us to continue to research the ways in which northern and rural communities engage, adapt and thrive in media arts spaces designed for community access and learning. This phase of the project will be situated online, allowing us to add insights about the online habits and needs of creative northern Ontarians to our ongoing body of research which began in 2019 with in-person engagement.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the online Programming Research Facilitator will work directly with residents from the four northeast partner communities to implement participatory action research (PAR) activities including, but not limited to, media and digital art workshops, mentoring participants through their own creative projects, and overseeing peer-to- peer mentorship and collaboration. They will also be responsible for collecting observational data and administering surveys. The Research Facilitators will play an important role in delivering project activities as they are needed, aligned with the overall research strategy and ongoing developmental evaluation.
This position is supported by the NOHFC’s Northern Ontario Internship Program. The successful applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must reside in northern Ontario, preferably in the northeastern region.
- Must have graduated within the last three years from an accredited post-secondary degree or diploma program.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in this internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Delivering digital and media arts activities to participants through an adaptive process, under the guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator
- Participate in a training program that includes remote workshop modules
- Observe research protocol
- Gather observational data using an ‘observer as participant’ method
- Administer surveys
- Participate in regular meetings between partners, Project Coordinator, and researchers
- Work to with outreach staff on knowledge exchange activities
- Directly implement developmental changes to PAR approach
- Ability to work independently and to work within defined timelines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Well organized, self-starter who is attentive to detail
- Out-of-the-box thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Self-motivated to learn and research new models and methods
- Degree or diploma in Media Arts, Education, Research or related field
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and technologically current with web based platforms and applications
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Personal interest or active artistic practice in a digital media discipline is an asset
- Previous working experience in research setting an asset
- Bilingualism in English/French an asset
How to Apply
Please send your resume, CV, and cover letter (in a PDF attachment) to [email protected] and CC [email protected] Please reference “Digital Creator North Programming Research Facilitator” in the subject line of email. No phone calls please.
Name: Sharon Switzer
Title: Project Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.n2m2l.ca + www.digitalcreator.ca