Date Posted: Dec 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Jan 3, 2022
Start Date: January 17, 2022
Region: Northern Ontario
City: Virtual / Remote
Term: 30 hours/week from Jan 17, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Are you a connector? Does the idea of giving youth a virtual place to express themselves through art inspire you?
Your position as the Community Liaison will be responsible for planning and executing outreach strategies online and IRL with a focus on youth-centred community groups and programs in Northern Ontario. If you are known for your enthusiasm to empower creative collaborations, then we want you!
DGTL Creator North has recently launched a virtual creativity space, DGTL Creator Online, supported by programming facilitators and guest artists. Offering a range of virtual opportunities such as hang-out and study spaces, art showings and making sessions, DGTL Creator Online responds to the creative interests of youth participants through one-on-one artistic mentoring and workshops, as well as by fostering peer-to-peer collaboration and support.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY LIAISON POSITION
The Community Liaison will work to develop and sustain relationships with new and pre-existing organizational and project partners across Northern Ontario, supporting relationships built on trust and reciprocity. Our Community Liaison will assist the libraries and other like-minded community groups with connecting to youth and each other using DGTL Creator Online. The Liaison will broaden awareness about, and participation in the virtual platform and programming through community connection, public outreach and communications, as well as by acting as an ambassador for the organization. The Liaison will research, identify, develop, and implement best practices for audience, partner and community engagement.
The Community Liaison will be part of a cohesive and active team of five, all working remotely. The position is for 30 hours per week, with some flexibility in scheduling. Supervision and mentorship will be provided by the Program Coordinator.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with staff, volunteers, Board and communities to develop understanding of current organizational and project partnerships/relationships
- Connect with Northern Ontario communities to increase awareness and promote DGTL Creator Online programming and activities
- Host virtual youth-friendly art events by other organizations within DGTL Creator Online
- Develop, nurture, and sustain relationships with a variety of stakeholders including, but not limited to youth-specific and arts-specific community groups
- Develop and inform organizational awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of diverse local and regional communities, partners and participants
- Support development and dissemination of promotional materials, including social media posts, blogs, email, posters, etc.
- Develop relationships with local and regional media for promotional and capacity-building purposes
- Skilled at creating a welcoming and inclusive youth-focused community
- Strong social media community building skills
- Strong marketing skills including graphic design for marketing
- Self-directed and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys collaborating with people
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinker with good judgment and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent computer and digital skills are an asset
- Comfortable contributing in a flexible, collaborative work environment
- Committed to principles of anti-racism, anti-oppression, inclusion and equity and respect for diverse peoples, lived experiences and communities
- Knowledge about local communities, cultures and issues; commitment to and awareness of respectful relations
- 3+ years of community outreach and/or client service experience supporting relationships built on mutuality and reciprocity is an asset
- Familiarity with communities, concerns, and experiences in Northern Ontario
- Experience and/or training in Community Development, Communications or Public Relations is preferred
- 1+ years of virtual event management with a youth-focus is an asset
- Track record of creating opportunities to find what youth need and want
- Building partnerships in community-focused or arts-oriented projects
LOCATION and ELIGIBILITY
The candidate should be based in Northern Ontario and will work remotely, from home. The Near North Mobile Media Lab is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, class, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
DEADLINE: Jan 3, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resumé (maximum two pages) and one-page cover letter outlining your skills, experience, and what you feel you would bring to our team and to this role.
Send it as a PDF attachment to [email protected] and Cc [email protected] Please reference “DGTL Creator Community Liaison” in the subject line. You will receive an email to confirm receipt of your application. Please include phone and email contact details. No phone calls. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
Name: Sharon Switzer
Title: Project Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.n2m2l.ca + www.digitalcreator.ca
ABOUT THE NEAR NORTH MOBILE MEDIA LAB
DGTL Creator Online is a project of the Near North Mobile Media Lab (N2M2L). The Near North Mobile Media Lab actively promotes media arts access for all artists, regardless of age, class, gender, sexual orientation, race or ability. We provide the tools that media artists, students, and media arts audiences in Northern Ontario need to produce, present and enjoy all forms of contemporary media art. We envision a thriving media arts community in Northern Ontario that produces innovative work, has access to contemporary presentations, and is an active participant in a national discourse by overcoming regional limitations.