Do you love digital art/music, and want to gain more leadership experience?
Join our team as a Youth Researcher!
Our team at DGTL Creator North has recently launched an online hangout space focused on digital/media art and music! We connect with youth using Gather.town and Discord for collaborative creativity and playing around with all things digital.
We invite you to build and run a workshop in your field of interest!
As a Youth Researcher, you get to work closely with our programming facilitators/artists: Tyler Cunningham, Rebecca Watson, and Heran Genene. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands-on experience with pros in the arts sector, and to build on leadership skills. We will respond to your creative interests through one-on-one artistic chats and workshops, as well as by building community for collaboration and support.
With this creative virtual leadership position you will:
- Brainstorm some workshop ideas with our team
- Plan and help to run your own workshop!
- Create invitations and recruit participants (they can be your friends!)
- Debrief with participants about how the event went
- Tell us what you thought of the experience!
Compensation: You will be paid $300 for a total of 12 hours of work.
Does this sound like you?:
- You are between the ages of 15-19 and living in Northern Ontario
- You have an interest in digital/media art (some examples include: music-making, digital drawing, animation, photography, coding art, etc)
- You can get reliable access to an internet connection while we are creating the workshop together (at school, a library/community center, or at home)
Send us an email to [email protected] and attach either a written or short video application telling us why you want to join us, and what leadership and creative skills make you a good fit! Send us any questions you may have to either that email address or on social media! Instagram: @digitalcreatornorth, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/digitalcreatornorth
Deadline: December 5th at 11:59 PM EST